Sunday, September 04, 2005

my new japanese friend


For those of you who were worried about Nate and I being doomed to live our lives like cavemen, and all you moms out their who have been worried about Alex and I lost in some random Japanese alley surrounded by Pachinco Parlor gansters- I want to introduce you to my new friend. She is pink, quite entertaining (multi-functional), speaks English and, although she does not make it any easier for me to talk to you- she does have a fantastic camera, something I have been dying for. Finally, I can start photographing all the pothole covers and dark alleyways that I have been stranded in. And Alex. Sometimes money can buy happiness, and wait til I charge this sucker up- pictures to follow!
Nate and I finally went to the 21st Century Museum of Modern Art. It is mindblowing to me that such a unknown medium-sized Japanese city can have such a renowned collection of modern art. It was so comforting to be in a place where I felt like I knew what was going on, or at least the lack of knowing, this time, was something I was familiar with. I had a similar feeling of happiness when I was digging up my garden a couple of years ago and dug up a chunk of resin with plastic flowers imbedded inside. I still cannot figure out what that treasure used to be, but it had my name written all over it.

No comments: