Tuesday, September 20, 2005

if you come I will feed you


For those of you thinking about visiting Kanazawa, i would just like to note that autumn is considered the best time to come. Supposedly there is a two day period where the weather is bearable, well, maybe it is more like 2 months. And for you those of you coming in winter or spring- just kidding! The weather is always great!
I went to a cooking class on Sunday by invitation of my Japanese teacher, crazy Yoko. We made Indian food, it was a mix of older japanese women, younger japanese women, JETS and me. I met some really nice japanese girls, one invited us hiking and over to a barbecue at her house on Saturday. I am excited, except for I think she is going to try to get me to eat nato, which I hear is totally disgusting fermented soybean the consistancy of snot. The class was taught by an Indian woman living here, today Yoko informed me that she was surprisingly only 22 or something, and how when she found out she was shocked and thought for sure that the woman was at least 29 (and told her so). She also talked about how Indian women are thick around the middle, and because she was a little chubby she probably looked older. I hope she didn't tell her that, too!
Nate had the last couple of days off and unfortunately we did nothing really exciting, except get a paycheck. Yoko took me today to visit a nursery school and we signed Alex up for next month, Monday and Wednesdays for 2 hours each time. It was very cute and seems really nice, Alex seemed to like it, it will be a big step for both of us. They do not speak any English at all there, hopefully it will all go smoothly. They were very sweet, and all the kids were very cute and friendly and there will only be 7 other kids in Alex's class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, He's going to go to school? It sounds perfect except for the Japanese part. What a big boy! Are we going to have to learn how to speak Japanese to him now? When you talk about that Indian woman, does that mean from India or Japan? That "snot" dish sounds like Poi in Hawaii- blah!!

Anonymous said...

Nursery school! How cute! I am really excited to see how it goes. And I think that the language thing won't really be a problem for Alex.

Plus, NEW! More down time for Krista! Yay!

--Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, little Alex is going to nursery school? I cannot believe it, crazy. Seems like I am missing on so much here. I cannot wait to go up there, I have been planning on it since you guys left ha-ha, so hopefully I can save up my pennys and dimes at least for a one way :)maybe not now at least tho, prolly more like spring though. Miss you guys lots, love you

[[ Savannah ]]