Thursday, March 23, 2006

This just in (according to a breaking story on national news last night) - Today cherry blossoms began blooming in Fukuoka as temperatures had risen 2 degrees. This is three days earlier than last year. Next week cherry blossoms should be able to be viewed throughout all of Japan. The official forecast for Kanazawa: estimated flower-opening date- April 4. Estimated best viewing dates: April 9-16.

A side note- it's true, I love to poke fun at Japan. But a whole country where all men, women and children are equally, genuinely excited about a flower opening is also truly endearing.

new pictures click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so to get a comment from Jason I need to write about trees. Hmm... I feel a story brewing.

Very sweet, Krista. I can understand an overenthusiastic response to signs of spring after a winter like that! So far, nothing but a few rainless days and a slight rise in temperature on my continent.

By the way, can you tell Nate he needs to come up with a new blog entry? That sketchy lady is freaking me out.

Love you,

Melissa

Crystal said...

I was just talking to Shino at the Salon about this very thing! She told me that if you are the latest person hired at your company, you usually get stuck with the job of staking out a space under the trees for the rest of your co-workers, so they can enjoy the trees after work.