Wednesday, March 29, 2006










This is Hume and Alex. Hume is the coolest kid in Japan. She reminds me so much of Holden. Alex loves her, and so do I.

This kid, on the other hand, is a little devil. But something tells me we'll be seeing more of him.




















We went to the zoo. It was surprisingly nice, I was anticipating it to be kind of depressing, because I heard the zoos here were not very good. There was alot of concrete, but there is alot of concrete everywhere in Japan and over-all it was really well designed. There were a couple of times where I felt like my child was the main animal on display, but by now that is just to be expected.
















The coolest was the tiger. Everytime we go to the portland zoo, the most you see of the tiger is it's tail. This tiger was out pacing, it seemed like it was constantly thinking about how to break out. As was the other tiger who was inside in a viewing room about the size of a bathroom. That was depressing, as was the roaring, male lion next to it, but we think they must just get put in there temporarily. At least I hope. It was a great warm and sunny day and we all got sunburnt.

Now Donna is on her way, and it is snowing. Yesterday it was probably 65 degrees, today, 39 maybe? I am way to tired to be doing this, but with company coming the days will fly by and the next thing you know I am going to be the one on the plane home, and this blog is most likely done deal. I hate writing!

Since I have been here there have been so many times I have thought about how I wish I could just go home for just an hour, and how everyone else can just go home (except Melissa and Iris) but for me it is impossible. Now this really weird place has become what I know as home, and I am leaving and know I will never be back. I mean really, unless we somehow acquire tons of money, when will we be back? There are so many other places I want to travel to. I will never make the walk to the grocery store, never take Alex to the train station and hear the song, never have to hang out and put away my futon (thank god for that one), never take the bus to the market to look at fish and flowers or make the uncomfortable, but always nice, trip to the neighbors apartment or watch terrible japanese television. I know "never say never", but I just know it will be never. I wish I could describe what this feels like, but I really can't, I would cry and I really have to start cleaning now.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Never say never! One time during high school I was sure that I would never see a certain smelly foreign exchange student ever again, and then two years later, there he is seducing all my friends and reeking up Lincoln City.

Anonymous said...

dude, though I hear your pain, I also go with "never say never."

But it won't be the same, you are right.

lindsay

krista messer said...

dude?

Crystal said...

Crystal Peice, I thought we agreed not to talk about Chippewas behind their backs anymore!